Monday 3 November 2014

A Beautiful Autumn Day

Hey everyone! I thought I'd do a small update about a nice day I had recently.

So, Friday 31st October was Samhain/Halloween. I didn't have any specific plans for that day (the Halloween-themed lolita meet wouldn't be until Saturday) and I didn't even get round to decorating my house. This didn't matter so much, however, and I ended up having a truly magical day anyway.

My partner, who I'm in a long distance relationship with, was spending the weekend with me so when we got up on Friday morning and found that the weather was warm and sunny, we knew we had to make the most of the day! I had just received a lunchbox I ordered from Amazon so it only seemed sensible for us to go on a picnic!

We didn't pack anything too interesting... just ham wraps, yoghurt, cookies and pains au chocolat... but it was fun preparing it anyway!

We went to a local park, and admired the autumnal scenery and watched a mother pushing their child on the swings. Only a few people were around and it was very peaceful.

After we were done eating, I decided I wanted to get an outfit picture while the weather was so nice. It was actually my partner who spotted the perfect backdrop, in front of a tree whose leaves were an array of vivid colours which somehow matched my outfit very well!

Gorgeous photography, don't you think? I could never have done this with my usual self timer!
I wore a modified Miss Selfridge dress over a black top and Peacockalorum wristcuffs. The boots are by Red Herring. 

I think I enjoyed using that lunchbox a bit too much but I haven't had one since I was in primary school and they are infinitely useful! I really want to put stickers on it and everything!

After that, we decided to have a look around some local shops. I absolutely love exploring the small businesses because they always stock interesting items.

This shop in particular had such a dreamy atmosphere! There was a ground floor level, and then this large loft space of homewares. I was tempted by a patchwork quilt but it was old and fraying so I decided to put it back just in case I find something better elsewhere. I loved all the cute tins, pretty plates, and various ornaments.

By the end of our shopping trip I had somehow amassed a couple of unexpected finds.

A deluxe edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and a Time Turner! Very spooky that I was able to stumble across both in such a sleepy town. The book was found at Oxfam and the necklace was in a vintage/used homewares type of place. What a result!

That evening, we decided to watch a bit of Harry Potter, and had the yummiest fish cakes for dinner.

It was one of the best days of my life and I'm glad I got to spend it with my favourite person :3

What did you get up to on Halloween? I'd love to hear about your weekends in the comments! Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time 

No comments:

Post a Comment