Sunday 26 October 2014

Metamorphose Vintage Cameo Jumperskirt Review (video!)

Hey everyone!

So recently, as well as getting a new pair of glasses (which incidentally I think complement lolita a lot better than my old ones. Success!) I got a new Meta jumperskirt! I ordered it on October 1st, and I finally got my hands on it on October 18th! The delay was due to Parcel Force not realising I had paid for my import fees. In the end, I had to go to the depot to enquire about my package. I was very fearful it had somehow been lost but all was well, and within a couple of minutes, a box was brought out to me!

I have never received a Meta order in a box before, so this had me somewhat intrigued. I soon found out the purpose of the box however, when the dress came on a hanger!

Anyway, to find out how I got on with it, please watch the unboxing video I made about it!


There are one or two things I completely forget to mention due to my excitement! I found that the dress fit me perfectly, and would thus not recommend it for anyone with a bigger bust than 90 cm. It was such a relief that it fit me as the measurement listed on the website was only 86 cm. This dress definitely isn't as accommodating as a lot of other Meta pieces.

The dress is lined with dark blue fabric, and there is no built in petticoat.

The cameos depict lots of different things-- upside down cat faces, "M"s in a fancy gothic font, crowns, angels, and cherubs. It's a surprisingly detailed print and looks very beautiful in person. Underneath the collar, at the neckline of the dress, is a gold braid trim which looks really pretty. The collar itself is rather fiddly, but I can deal with it for this wonderful jumperskirt.

Overall, I am so glad I took the plunge and got this dress! I love when Meta makes vintage inspired dresses, and I especially love collars like these so it was the perfect purchase for me.

A quick trying-on photo, so please excuse the (smudged!) mirror picture! I love how nicely this jumperskirt drapes. 

Now to find matching accessories for this tricky dark blue/green colour...

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed the video! 

6 comments:

  1. Can I please ask how tall you are? The dress looks perfect on you! I've been eyeing it off myself but was unsure about the length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I'm glad you think so <3
      I'm 5'6" or 168 cm :)

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, it's gorgeous!! Such a lovely dress and you coordinate it so well!

    It's shame it's not as forgiving for larger sizes however :( Especially since it's such a beautifully classic piece, that style never seems to be offered for bigger ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love it <3

      Yes, it's a shame it didn't come in larger sizes. The bust on the high waist jumperskirt is supposed to go up to 98 cm, but beyond that there isn't much flexibility sadly. I was impressed with the variety of lengths and sizes available for their Princess Wardrobe series, and hopefully they will offer more classic dresses with that size range in future :)

      Delete