Sunday 24 September 2017

Dream Masquerade Carnival 🎠 Finale: Vlog!

Hey everyone!

I felt as though I didn't film an awful lot over the DMC weekend, but thankfully, there was some salvageable footage (including a bit of dashcam footage because I do like to twirl around in front of my car after I've paid for train station parking. I cannot be alone in this).

It was important to me to put together  video account of the event, so that I could have a more "real" memory of what I saw and did. There's a few things I missed out on filming, such as people's outfits, and just some clips of me hanging out with friends, as well as a linear timeline of various aspects of the day. Regardless, I'm really happy with my final edit of the event (I had to cut down a lot of my talking because I went on for a good ten minutes originally, talking through a blow by blow account of vending and my emotions which I'm sure nobody really cares about, haha).

In future, I would like to make more indie artist/designer-focused content, where I share my ideas and tips for getting your business going or doing events for the first time.

Anyway, until then, please enjoy my video sharing my experience of Dream Masquerade Carnival as an indie brand, and a montage of some of the fun parts of the weekend!


I hope you like it! 

2 comments:

  1. This was a really lovely video - I could also listen to your voice for hours, it's so lovely and warm, and soothing. The idea of using the dash cam to film your outfit is so good, if I ever get a car, I will totally do that (especially as the dash cam seems about the right height so as to not distort proportions). As sad as I am that TPC is no more, I'm also excited to see what will the future bring. During the last meet we chatted about it and unanimously (in a group of 4 :P) decided that the English Lolitas have repeatedly brought it when it comes to events, so it's time for the Irish or the Scottish ones to take over (not to discredit the Welsh as a separate nation, but I get the impression that they tend to be more active in England through other local comms than as Welsh Lolitas?). TPC has laid amazing foundations, so let's hope that people will honour the memory of that by creating something new and beautiful that will bring everyone together again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has to be one of the most lovely compliments I've ever received! Thank you so much! <3

      It's become something of a habit now if I'm all dressed up and driving myself to the station; gotta fit in a twirl somewhere!

      That's an interesting point to make, though there's obviously a lot more lolitas in England, and I think people are a lot more willing to make a trip to London than a lot of other UK cities for a big event, so this may have had an impact. I do look forward to seeing what others will do. I'm already pretty content with the tea parties that seem to be springing up everywhere ^_^

      Delete