Saturday 14 February 2015

Some Recent Winter Coordinates!

Hey everyone! I didn't meant to not post for a couple of weeks... it just happened! Today is Valentine's Day and I have no plans this time, so I figured now would be as good a time as any to catch up on some blogging!

Lately I've been busy with job hunting, sewing bloomers for my online shop, taking driving lessons, revising driving theory... amongst other things. 

Sometime last month I had a nice catchup with my friends. It felt so good to get out of the house and leave my worries behind for the day. We headed to a Korean restaurant, where the food was really nice and good value for money.

Toilet pictures are never classy but the mirror was so big I had to...
Headdress: Handmade
Bolero: Bodyline
Skirt: Angelic Pretty's Chocolat-Chan Going Out
Bag: Floozie by Frost French
Shoes: Bodyline
I was feeling in the mood for monochrome and ended up putting together this cream and black coordinate.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to check out a large vintage fair happening in Oxford. I didn't have a great time but I really liked my outfit that day.
Hairbow: Handmade
Blouse: Bodyline
Jumperskirt: Baby, The Stars Shine Bright's Serenade
I definitely like how more old school styling looks on me and will definitely continue to incorporate more non-printed dresses into my wardrobe.

Last Sunday was a large anniversary meetup for the Oxfordshire Lolitas. I was incredibly anxious in the run up to the meet seeing as I hadn't been to one in a while, and a lot of people were set to be attending. However, I needn't have worried, and Luna pulled off a really lovely day for us. Definitely glad I went in the end!
Headdress: Handmade
Jumperskirt: Metamorphose's Vintage Poodle
Wristcuffs: Akilya on Taobao
Shoes: Bodyline
I won the prize for Best Sweet that day which I'm really pleased about, particularly because I don't think I was wearing a typical sweet outfit!

So... there's my short but sweet roundup of some of the outfits I've been wearing lately. I still seem to wear a lot of black considering I'm a sweet lolita, but I don't know-- I think it suits me somehow! I know I need to branch out more but for now, I am pleased with my style!

I'd love to see your comments! Hope you're all having a great Valentine's Day, and I'll see you next time!  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfits! I love the one with poodle dress the most :3
    Congratulations for winning the prize \^o^/

    Love, Lisa

    http://lolitagoesbad.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore that dress so I'm glad you like it, too! :)
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Lisa! <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coords. Seeing this makes me think you are very confortable with your closet and that you know your style and preferences very well. I fell like I still have to "find myself" inside Lolita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I would definitely say I've reached a comfortable, cohesive stage in my wardrobe and I'm really pleased it shows!
      Give yourself some time... it has taken me years to get to this point, and I am still in no way done with my wardrobe, and I'm sure my style will continue to evolve. I think it's just one of those things in life that remains an ongoing process :)
      Thanks for your comment <3

      Delete