Monday 5 May 2014

Bag review: Angelic Pretty's Melty Moon Bag

Hi everyone!

When Angelic Pretty released their Melty Moon bag last year I thought it was pretty awesome. A bit of a strange concept, but definitely awesome. What I didn't find awesome, however, was the mad chaos that ensued as everyone tried to get their hands on it. It was stress I couldn't be bothered to deal with. I decided to bide my time instead. 

Recently I noticed someone selling the Melty Moon bag on the UK version of lolita sales on facebook. I watched as the price went down and down as the months passed, before deciding to get it before someone else did! I ended up getting it for a great price. Result! Anyway, I wanted to add to the list of reviews of this bag as there are surprisingly few of them. Let's go!

The size of the bag surprised me. It actually fits a fair amount of things in it! A phone, a camera, a small wallet, lip balm, a mirror and door keys. Perfect! One thing I would change is the writing on the star, making it white instead of silver. As it is, you can't really tell that easily that the text says "Angelic Pretty". Other than that, this bag is beautiful.

The opening is a good size and curves around with the bag.

The material of the bag caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting it to feel so soft and well, like it was really made of leather. The texture is really gorgeous and I couldn't help but spend a little while stroking it.

There are many stars to be found on this bag, from the ones printed on the front of it, to the star shaped buckle, zip chain, studs, and little star shaped dangly thing (a mini coin purse? I don't even know but it's adorable).

The inside of the bag is quite roomy given the shape, and has an AP tag and a little zipped pocket for small items.

The bag is comfortable to wear, with a strap you can adjust. The theme of it is a bit unique though, so I'll have to try to find a plainer dress/skirt to wear it with so there's no print theme clashes.

Overall, I'm really glad I got this bag! It's such a cool concept, and I'm excited to wear it. Lolita fashion definitely got me into the idea of unusual shaped bags and I look forward to adding more to my collection! I hope you enjoyed this review! Let me know what you think of the bag (and lolita bags in general!) in the comments 

6 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Wow the bag is so cute, I want one *-*
    and look at that little coin purse it's adorable :3
    You have a nice blog I'm following !

    xoxo Kawaii Monster

    http://kawaii-monster.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love this bag so much!
      Thanks for your comment ^__^ <3

      Delete
  2. You're definitely right that the whole concept of melty moon is a bit odd, but congrats on snagging a great deal! I can certainly see how this bag fits into your style and I'm sure you'll make many cute coords with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so surprised there was no interest in the bag from anyone else, but I guess that just means it was meant to be!
      I'm glad you think it'll work in my coords, even if it is a little strange haha :) Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
  3. Aww it's so cute @__@ love the pinkness <3

    ❤ Sann
    www.Piixel.nl

    ReplyDelete