Saturday 9 August 2014

Bodyline Review: Shoes 251 in Red and Gold!

Hey everyone! Today I thought I would do a review on my new Bodyline shoes. For photos from more angles, you can find an old Shoes 251 review of the shoes in white here.

On July 18th I ordered the shoes in red, and also in gold as they'd just been added to the website and appeared to be selling out fast. I only just managed to nab a pair in my size! (I get size 245-- my feet are 24cm long and this seems to be the most comfortable size for them). They arrived on August 5th, which I thought wasn't so bad given I used AIR shipping as usual (so that's 2 weeks and 4 days in total).

The shoes arrived each in their own box, with plenty of wrapping to stop them getting damaged, and then put together in a large mailing bag. They arrived in perfect condition! Thanks, Bodyline!

I'll get the red ones out of the way first. They're a super vibrant colour, like a lipstick red, which I really love.
I have nothing else to report. They fit just as well as my white pair of these, and they are comfortable, easy to walk around in, and have good traction on the sole. Full marks from me!

Now...the gold pair!

They are a really nice colour-- not an intense yellowy gold but a more delicate shade which is very pleasant.
The texture is a little strange and difficult to describe. They are nothing like my other Bodyline shoes. 

They look as if they have a kind of rough texture, and yet they seem to be sealed in a shiny plasticy finish which is smooth to the touch...

...apart from here at the front, where the toe of the shoe meets the sole. It could have been glued a bit more neatly, but this doesn't bother me too much and I don't believe it really spoils the overall look of the shoe. Still, something to think about if you like every detail to be perfect!

Overall, I'm really happy with this order! I paid in yen and used AIR shipping, which means the shoes came to about £20 each. Result!

I think it's really great that Bodyline has spent a lot of time listening to what their customers want. They also brought out a silver pair of these shoes at the same time, which I think is pretty cool. They have become my go-to place for lolita shoes as they are affordable and surprisingly long lasting. Plus, they are much more comfortable than the An*Tai*Na shoes I've purchased in the past. I recommend Bodyline shoes 100%!

I hope you enjoyed this review! See you next time, and don't forget to leave a comment! 

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful blog post!
    I really do love the Bodyline teaparty shoes, and I was super excited about the gold ones though I never brought any. Both the red and gold look beautiful I can't wait to see you wearing them! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ophelia! Yes, Bodyline's shoes are really lovely! I'm trying to come up with a fancy coordinate I can incorporated the gold shoes into :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the review! I just bought those exact shoes in silver and I'm SO excited for them to arrive (they sold out in my size directly after I placed the order so I really hope there's not some sort of mishap and they actually arrive). I'm happy it seems they'll be just as beautiful in person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem-- thank you so much for reading it! <3
      Ooh, I bet those will look amazing! I don't think I've ever seen any coordinates with silver shoes so I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with :)

      Delete